Floor Joists and Lattice Beams
Our floor joists are a cost competitive alternative to traditional timber joists. Their lightweight and large spans make them a popular choice for builders.
The lattice joists are a cost effective way of spanning larger areas and the truss depth can be varied to achieve different spans and can be produced on a just in time basis.The amount of steel used to construct a lattice floor joist only marginally increases as the depth of the joist becomes greater. This means large gains in strength can be made with no increase in weight resulting in a very cost effective use of steel.
Advantages of Lattice Joists
- Light weight.
- Dimensionally accurate.
- Can be doubled up for longer spans.
- High strength riveted joints.
- Can be produced on a just in time basis.
- No waste as each joist is made for the specific job.
- Plumbing and ventilation systems can be easily installed.